Thursday, June 4, 2009

PRESIDENT OBAMA SPEAKS TO THE MUSLIM PEOPLE AND TO AMERICANS

Dear President Obama,

As you know, I am one of your most vocal/and written supporters and one of your most vocal/and written critics; however, I am very proud of, and thankful for, your leadership.

Today was a day I was most proud. At times, I think, that when I criticize something you've done or have not done that you or your staff may feel I am a non-Christian; however, I am a Christian, and for that reason, whenever, I think our people are intolerant, racist, greedy, unethical, and have done heinous and egregious things; I feel I must speak out.

I am a defender of those who cannot speak for themselves or where the most powerful have drowned them out or stripped them (or tried to strip them) of their rights and liberty.

I'm for the average American, whether they be Jew, Muslim or Gentile, male or female, young or old, sick or healthy, brown/yellow/black/or white. That's why I'm a Progressive.

When I see injustice or people speaking with impunity or not being held accountable for unspeakable crimes, I will be most vocal.

I loved when you spoke of human and women's rights and the right for women to choose. The key word, choice.

The protection of a woman's right to choose must be upheld and those who seek to prevent it here in America, punished.

A clear message must be sent to fringe groups ... that violence against people who are defenders of a woman's right to choose will not be tolerated and they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

A clear message must be sent to those who hate and seek to do harm to other Americans will not be tolerated.

Your speech was not just to the Muslim world, but it was also meant for Americans. There will be some Americans who won’t get that.

I applaud everything you said and tried to convey to the Middle Eastern people, and what you wanted all of us to strive for ... to be a respectful, ethical, loving, peaceful people. I am thankful for your leadership.

No comments: